Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More Train Books

Tonight after dinner we headed over to the library for something to do. Now that it gets dark so early and it is quite chilly outside, we are looking for more indoor evening activities. While we hadn't been to the library in probably a month or so, Alex knew as soon as we hit the parking lot that there were "train books" in that building. He ran right through the library straight over to the plane, train, and automobile section where he proceeded to pick out the SAME books we checked out last time. It is funny because they aren't really train story books, they are more the super educational ones that show the parts of the train and tell about the difference between freight trains and passenger trains. We did manage to check out a few garbage truck and dump truck books too, but he was all about the train books, and let everyone in the library know what we were there to see!

Tomorrow is Halloween and we are excited to hand out candy to the kids in our neighborhood. If Alex is willing, we will attempt the tiger costume again. Anyone else have kids who adamantly will not put on their Halloween costumes? My sister suggested we should have done an Ohio State theme by dressing him up in a red turtleneck and gray sweater vest as Jim Tressel and just gone with that (I like it). Come to think of it, I have a set of train conductor overalls with a red bandanna from Becca that just might fit him this year. Nothing like essentially "tricking" your child into wearing a costume!!!

4 comments:

Nicole Ivory said...

I only thought of the Tressel idea because of that one picture of Alex from the national championship game I believe when he wore it. He looked super cute in it. I'm decking myself out in OSU gear for work tomorrow since we can be in costume. I like the train conductor idea. Choo Choo!

Anonymous said...

He looks "glued to the book," as they say. I think I'll go over to our library before Thanksgiving to see if they have some train books because he took my ONE train book home with him!!
Kathy

Unknown said...

Get him started on being an engineer young. I like the overalls and bandana idea!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.