Monday, March 3, 2014

Ladies Who Lunch









I was pleasantly surprised by the cafe inside the American Girl Doll Store.  They invite the girls to bring in a doll from home to dine with them over lunch.  For Abby's birthday I thought this would be a fun thing for her and I to do one weekday while Alex was at school (he wound up having a snow day that day and went to play at a friend's house).  

Abby's baby Brittney sat in her own baby booster seat, drank from her own baby cup and saucer, wore her own birthday crown and sticker, and received a baby doll gift as well.  She loved this, all of it.  All of the little details made this a very sweet lunch for her and I.  While it is geared for kids and their dolls, the food for the adults wasn't half bad either.  I'm surprised she hasn't asked to go back, but am happy to keep this as a special birthday lunch spot!

No comments: