Thursday, April 3, 2014

VA Beach









My friends Stef, Melissa and I took a little road trip down to VA Beach right before St. Patrick's Day to run the Yuengling Shamrock 8K.  This was farther than I'd run in the past, but I realize 5 miles isn't that far for all the die-hard runners out there.  It was far for me, and I had a lot of anxiety the night before the race as I wanted to do well.  

We drove down Friday afternoon then got up early Saturday morning to run the race at 7:45am.  We watched the sunrise over the ocean then hiked up to the starting line.  I was determined to run a 10 minute mile, fast for me, and I did it!  It was a beautiful race and I finished in 49:20.  I'm ok with not running anymore races and this will forever be that one 8K that I ran.  My knees and I disagree about running.  If we can ever come to an agreement about running than maybe I will try another race :)

1 comment:

Kate Pettrey said...

Girl, that is speedy for me as well! No wonder your knees were screaming!