Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hop Aboard the Potty Train, Choo Choo!



Here are some photos of Alex and Baby "Caillou" (like the show on PBS), his new baby doll who a) is male, although not anatomically correct and b) can use the potty. At the suggestion of neighbors we tried out the potty doll today. Alex and I fed the baby a bottle of water and low and behold, the water dripped right out into the potty. We threw a big party for the baby and congratulated him with a treat and lots of praise. Alex wanted to watch it again so the whole scene repeated itself. We put Alex in big boy underpants and let the fun begin!

While he has had accidents, he has also had success on the potty and is very proud of himself. Alex has the responsibility of cleaning up any messes he makes (with some help of course) and I'm sure he'll realize that it isn't that much fun to scrub the carpets and chairs each time he doesn't make it to the potty. He's still learning what it feels like when he has to go so we aren't exactly getting to the bathroom fast enough, but he'll get there. When he tries to go or successfully goes, he gets a Smartie treat and is allowed to put a sticker on his potty train sticker chart. I'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy does that sound fun! Summer seems to be a good time for that though. Makes me wonder...how did my mom potty train 6 boys (and 3 girls)?!?!

Anonymous said...

I like baby Caillou (as if one wasn't enought). And the pictures of Alex are adorable. I can't believe he's old enough for this!

Unknown said...

I love the dimples. I'm sure Alex is on board with anything that involves a train.