Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 Months Old

Smile Abby!


Abby in a wrestling match with Big Bird, it was so cute, partially because Big Bird is almost as long as she is!

Abby visiting her old stomping grounds, Rush-Copley Medical Center.

Today Abby turns 5 months old. It seemed only fitting that to celebrate, we should go back to where we welcomed her into this world! This morning, after swim lessons, we drove up to Rush Copley Medical Center where I had to drop something off anyway. I made sure to take a photo of Abby in front of the maternity ward. I should have done this with Alex when we went back to visit Houston this past March, but I forgot.

Abby's been working very hard on rolling over. I'm not sure what the hold up is, but I guess every kid moves at their own pace. I have seen her roll from tummy to back once, and Sherri's seen her do this once, but that's about it. She can roll either way with a little help getting onto her side, but doesn't seem to want to do it on her own yet. She's definitely built a little different than Alex, especially at this age.

I still see a little white spot on her top gum and she'll chew on anything that gets near her mouth. She's started on baby food and loves to spit it all out, with force. I'm going to start wearing an apron when I feed her. She likes to pull out her pacifier and chew on it, but does use it for its intended purpose from time to time.
Abby still wears a size 1 shoe and her hair is still falling out. I think her hair in the back falls out as fast as it comes in! She enjoys naps in her swing, or her crib, but both are only 30-40 min in duration. She's getting better about sleeping through the night and has pretty much eliminated any middle of the night feedings. This is disappointing only because I love watching World News Now with Jeremy Hubbard and Vinita Nair at 3am CT, seriously.
Abby loves to laugh at her brother and Alex ADORES Abby. He is so sweet to her and cannot wait for her to be old enough to run around with him. Lately he's been reading books in his room aloud (not really "reading" but summarizing) and Abby will just sit in there contently and listen to him talk. I'm so glad he has a live-in playmate now!!

3 comments:

becca talley said...

She's such a peach.

Nicole Ivory said...

love it. love her. love all of you.

Unknown said...

So cute. I'm not looking forward to wearing babyfood. My sister did get me the cutest "full-body" bib for John. It's built like a sandwich board and covers all of him.