Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011



I want so badly to go outside and take lots of blizzard action shots to share with friends and family, I really do. When my friend Becca suggested I just snap a photo with my phone and send it to her earlier tonight, I gently opened the front door and stuck my arm out only to have the wall of snow come pouring into the hallway. The wind is so strong, whipping around our house and taking Brad's nice Weber grill with it. Bummer.

What followed was a comedy of errors as we threw on our boots and coats to head out into the blizzard and relocate the grill to the garage. So much snow blew into the track of the sliding glass door that we had to dig it all out in order to get the door to close properly. When we reached the side of the house, the snow drifts were 2' in spots, including up against the front of the garage door. Wind-driven snow hurts and we were covered in snow head to toe...so was the cat as he was in the garage and when we put up the door the snow blew right in on him.

Needless to say, we would not recommend venturing out in the blizzard. Imagine a hurricane, but colder, and with snow. We have no plans to chase after anything else until the wind dies down. I wish I had more photos to share, but I've decided not to test the water-resistance of my camera any further.

No comments: