Monday, April 18, 2011

Basement Egg Hunt




We let the kids have an egg hunt this weekend in the basement, mainly for something to do given the chilly temps. I filled a few eggs with little stampers that both kids can easily use and require minimal clean up. Abby does try to stamp her hands every now and then, but it dries fast and washes right off. With Brooke moved out to her new apartment, Alex decided the empty spare room was the perfect spot for his "Lego City" and I promise to get some pictures of this once he has it completely set up. He tries to sneak up there when Abby isnt' looking so that she doesn't follow him. I 've also been cleaning out the arts and crafts trunk and found more activity books than we can ever possibly finish this summer, so no need to buy more of those! Here's hoping Alex can retain all the wonderful things he's learned in Kindergarten this year. He read 2 books to ME at bedtime last night. I can't believe how many words he can sound out and recognize!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Good use of my old room. I approve. ;-)