Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grandma's Here!

A nice dinner out at Cheesecake Factory

My Mom flew in last Wednesday to help kick start the unpacking/settling in process. We loved having her here to visit and help wherever needed. She is the first in a string of visitors over the next few months who we are happy to welcome to our new home! While Mom was here, I even snuck out to play Bunco last Friday night with a group of Moms I've met here. I am thankful for the friends I've made and the friends I've kept from Houston and Joliet. It is great to meet up with friends again here in Virginia!

All of our neighbors here are very nice too. Many have stopped down to introduce themselves and their children, bringing baked goods, wine, and their phone numbers. Their first question here is always "Are you military?", as most of them are. Most of Alex's school is military families as well. These children are very familiar with moving and making new friends and have been very welcoming to Alex and Abby!

No comments: