Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Museum Fun

Over Christmas break, my friend (and Alex's Godmother), Karen and I took Alex to the DuPage Children's Museum in Naperville. I forgot my camera that day, but Alex really had a great time. They have a great interactive water section where I think he could have played for hours if we let him. He was very wet by the time he was done, but he loved it!

They had these great chubby little paint brushes and no-spill paint cups in the gift shop that we brought home to try out. I set them up with just water at the easel and Josh and Alex have fun "painting" on the chalkboard. Now, this is my kind of painting!
We cleared out our guest bedroom and turned it into a playroom for some of the bigger toys. It is also nice and warm up there during the day because we face the sun.

Yesterday we went downtown to the Museum of Science and Industry with our neighbor and her sister in law. The boys had fun chasing each other around and just for the record, they have a surprisingly nice food court :) Alex loves looking at the train exhibit they have there and boy was he tired after lunch--he let everyone know it!


Alex sitting on the cow in the farm exhibit--enjoying a few snacks, shh, don't tell the security personnel. They busted us for having snack time later.


Here he is entering the train exhibit, Alex's favorite every time!







No comments: