Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Now I'm a Sibling" Class






This morning we all attended a class at Rush-Copley Hospital called "Now I'm a Sibling". The class was geared towards kids Alex's age and talked about what they can expect when the new baby arrives. They read a story, learned how to hold a baby, and even practiced diapering a baby doll. At the end of the class we took a tour of the Women's Health wing of the hospital. I think Alex's favorite part was snack time, which consisted of cookies and juice. He was very gentle with his baby doll and seemed to enjoy all aspects of the class.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that the lead off picture is of snack time.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I could have used that class...8 times. :) I'm sure Alex will be a wonderful big brother to his new brother or sister.

Anonymous said...

This class is a great idea, especially if the information is helpful. His Daddy did fine when his little sister Jackie was born, and hopefully Alex will do the same.


Grandpa