Friday, September 12, 2008

End of a Long Week

This is how Alex finished off his first week of preschool--with a relaxing dinnertime nap. While I was making dinner, Alex snuggled into the couch and closed his eyes for a bit. We sort of hoped he might stay asleep through the night but sure enough when Brad moved him to his room to sleep, he sprung to life. I can hear him downstairs now running around pretending to "trick-or-treat".

When Alex woke up this morning, he told me right off the bat that "Mommy, I do not want to go to school today because I do not like wearing a smock" (during art time). I tried to clarify with him whether he meant he didn't like wearing his smock or smocks in general and it was definitely smocks in general. So, after a little coaxing he got ready for school and seemed content because it was raining and he could use his cool dolphin umbrella. When I picked him up I asked the teachers if he gave them any trouble about using his smock and they said he was great all morning, smock and all!

After school we came home and got out our fall decorations which was oodles of fun!!! We are ready for Halloween even if we are a month and a half early!

Please keep the residents of Houston in your thoughts as Hurricane Ike prepares to rain down on them tonight. So many of our friends have evacuated, including all of our former neighbors. We can only imagine the worry and fear going through their minds as we would be in that exact situation if we still lived in Houston.

No comments: