Monday, September 15, 2008

Scissors are for Paper, not for Hair


Alex just informed me that "scissors are for cutting paper, not cutting hair". I know they've been practicing using scissors at school and I wonder if they had a hair cutting incident. Alex has a renewed interest in playdough as I think they do this pretty often at preschool. He's been sitting at his picnic table with his playdough set for nearly an hour now, crazy!


Oh, and he also told me that "we have to be quiet when Ms. Charlene is talking". It is amazing how much these kids are like sponges at this age!

4 comments:

Jess said...

wish someone would have taught me that hair thing when I was a kid. I remember an incident where I decided to be my own sylist....not good! Sounds like he is doing great! Enjoy that hour!

Unknown said...

Hey Suzanne, finally got to catch up. Robbie and I are in Los Angeles. We came out for a wedding and our flight home got delayed by three days. Little to no damage at our house and we are going home to power. We are counting our blessings.

Nicole Ivory said...

Good thing they are teaching him that about scissors. We teach our kids "scissors are for cutting, not for hurting people". LOL, funny but true.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he's a good listener. "We have to be quiet when Mrs. Sabados is talking" doesn't work in third grade. And unfortunately, they're not as "spongy" either. :(