Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Mom, this party is going to be sweet!"


Today Alex and I started getting together the decorations for the Halloween party we are having on Saturday. I hung up this oversized scarecrow on the back of the front door and Alex told me "that looks beautiful". Then as we started digging out our pumpkin craft kits Alex said "Mom, this party is going to be sweet!" I guess he is pretty excited about it, but where did he learn the word "sweet" in reference to fun events? I just laughed and laughed! Here's a photo of Alex tonight with his completed tiger project that Gigi sent in the mail.





Alex has also been finding creative things to do while I rest on the couch some afternoons. Yesterday he made this funny train track out of my belt, play food, and wooden animals. Today he's been battling off and on with the Rubik's cube. He seems awfully determined to solve the cube and has asked me several times to help him figure it out. Maybe when Brad gets back in town, the two of them can work on this...

1 comment:

Nicole Ivory said...

Didn't you know that "sweet" is part of a 3 1/2 year olds everyday language? LOL. Too funny!! Way to go working on the Rubik's cube!