Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Checkers, Maybe Not for a Three Year Old


Yesterday while the painter was finishing up the hallway upstairs, Alex and I did some organizing in the basement. We were cleaning up the games and found this checkers set we had received as a gift a while back. Alex desperately wanted to learn how to play so I humored him. Setting up the board took forever because he didn't really want me to put my gray checkers on the red spots. I tried and tried to explain the game and we each made a few moves. Once we started jumping over each other and collecting the opposite color pieces, he was really thrown and did not want to play anymore. Alex only wanted to have his red pieces and did not want me to have them. He did not want to collect my gray pieces either and it just didn't work out. So, we have put checkers away for the next game night :)

No comments: