Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our First Big Family Outing

Last weekend we thought we were hot stuff taking the kids to Applebees for lunch. "This is easy" we boasted. Ah, lets up the ante this weekend. This morning, desperate to leave the house after staying home all week, we ventured into Chicago. Our passes to the Museum of Science and Industry expire at the end of January so we wanted to use them one last time.

Holy cow. After loading up a diaper bag for Abby (it has been so long since I've needed little more than a large purse with Alex) and a small backpack for Alex to take snacks and a change of clothes, we were ready to hit the road. I packed the camera, unfortunately the battery was dead, sigh. Abby slept the whole time in the Baby Bjorn carrier and Alex had a blast checking out his favorite exhibits. I think we stayed there the longest we ever had, probably because everything took us a little bit longer. We only ran over a couple of unsuspecting people with the supersized stroller too!

We'll get the hang of it :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I made it over to the Funky Monkey yesterday (which happens to be two doors down from the scrapbook store). I found several things that were definite possibilities and was glad for your advice about making sure the cloth parts were removable for washing. New or used, I know I'll have to pay attention to that!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you loved getting out with both kids. I'm very proud of you.

Nicole Ivory said...

That's awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun. Much more adventurous than our Applebees excursion last weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a successful outing-- way to go, Ross fam!