Monday, January 12, 2009

They'll Stamp Anything at the Hospital...


When you have a baby, they'll stamp anything at the hospital! When Alex was born he had a nice baby book that we had stamped and the hospital stamped his footprints on a hat emblazoned with the hospital's name. This time around, I remembered my friend Missy had told me years ago that lots of Ohio moms (and others who are into Longaberger) order the Longaberger Kiddie Purse Basket when they know they are having a girl and have the feet stamped on the top of the basket.


This basket was on sale months ago and I optimistically ordered it...figuring I'd just keep it as a cute basket if the baby wasn't a girl. Then, I packed it in my overnight bag for the hospital and thought I'd have it stamped either way, boy or girl. The nurse told us to line up any items we wanted the baby's footprints on, prior to the c-section, so Brad slid the basket across the counter. This nurse said "I wish I could say this is weird, but I've actually done this once before". I think it turned out so super cute and hope to give this to Abby one day when she's older and can appreciate this keepsake :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new corner picture. Although I must admit the "My parents are exhausted" photo is one of my favorites. It's up there with the big drooly dimply shot of Alex in his stroller.

Nicole Ivory said...

very cute idea!!! I'm sure it looks great. someday she will really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! That is so cute. I like your optimism :-) I'm so impressed that you've already got so many pics up...keep them coming!